This policy was last updated in November 2018.
Who we are
Yes You Can (YYC)
71-75 Shelton Street,
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: ZA457217.
Yes You Can are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. We do not sell, rent or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
- Why we collect your personal information
- How we use your data
- Data we collect
- Disclosing data to third parties
- How we protect your data
- Your data rights
- Our Data Protection Officer
1 Why we use your personal information
We collect and use personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests
- Exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of services to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
- We only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data to send direct marketing communications via email or text message
- Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn
2 How we use your data
Yes You Can uses your personal data:
- To provide our services
- To tailor our website
- To manage any account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services
- For market research purposes
- To manage customer service interactions with you
3 Data we collect
Yes You Can may collect the following information about you:
- Age and/or date of birth
- Contact details:
- Postal address
- Telephone numbers (including mobile)
- E-mail address
- On-line browsing activities on our website(s)
- Bank or other payment details
- Communication and marketing preferences
- Interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your correspondence and communications to us
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
4 Disclosing data to third parties
Where Yes You Can have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute), we will do so.
Yes You Can may partner with certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you
Their websites, and others linked to from this Policy, are owned and operated by the third party and they are responsible for processing personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
5 How we protect your data
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- Planning and exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- Penetration testing of systems
- Security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from unauthorised access
- Internal policies and training setting out our data security approach to employees
6 Your data rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete personal data held on you where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- The right to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so
- The right to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’
- The right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format
- The right to ask us to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on [email protected]
7 Our Data Protection Officer
Yes You Can has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Yes You Can uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer on [email protected] or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Yes You Can (YYC)
71-75 Shelton Street,
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://www.ico.org.uk .
8 Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
What we collect in cookies
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Third parties who run marketing with Yes You Can
- Third parties who run web advertisements on behalf of Yes You Can
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly site navigation
- to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates
- To enable Yes You Can to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Yes You Can to meet its contractual obligations with third parties
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.